Tuesday 2 January 2007

Nobody panic!! 2007 arrived on time...

The new yaer, and it feels so much like the last one ?! But whilst everyone back in SA was waking up and saying "I'm never drinking again!" I was partying as the new year arrived in the USA. We had a big house party at the Aussies place and I learned how to play my new favourite drinking game 'beer-pong'. It invloved beer, 2 ping-pong balls, a table or surface of some kind, 2 teams of 2 and a great deal of laughter. I have only played once, but am undefeated as SA stood tall with Cole and myself defeating Dave and Roddy.

As per usual on a new year's party I have a few hours of memories unaccounted for, but those were probably spent crawling and/or being confused and unable to use my legs properly. We saw in the new year and cheered, drank champaign and generally were in a great mood. Somebody paid the Aussie Tim (Roddy) to walk up and kiss me, which he did to my horror, but he gave my 5 of the 7 dollars he one and everyone laughed a lot at the look on my face!! Cole tried to go home with the Norwegian Niklas, but they ran to try and catch a bus at about 3 o'clock, and missed it because Cole was too drunk to run and once again fell over into a snow drift. Luckily Reece found him lost and confused at a bus stop somewhere, and took him home. I passed out somewhere and have not as yet found some of belongings (wallet, jersey and dignity). After finishing a bottle of champaigne, many beers and then a few shots of Jegermister I fell over in a room somewhere and refused to move until morning, when I discovered that I started a trend at around 4 o'clock and there were several bodies around me of fellow victims who had suffered similar fates. Symmo had passed out in a walk-in cupboard, having mistaken it for his room, and was found in there holding what remained of a bottle of tequila!!

I also recall a game where a group of Australians and I had to pour some of our beer onto the carpet before drinking it for some reason. I don't know what the reason was, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I was also told by Jack that I am now officially a Collingwood fan, so that I have an Aussie rules team to support. All in all it was a great deal of fun, but work the next day was no fun at all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy new year, oh drunken one!

Mum and Dad said...

sounds like a very superior way to
see in 2007! Hope mind and body now
reconnected.
good party at Smits: all the usual
suspects, no drownings, no injuries sustained.
Good skiing to you! have a hoot.