Tuesday 16 January 2007

Boys night out

The true definition of a great night was sunday evening, and afternoon for that matter. I was very tired after three days of skiing in difficult conditions, and decided that the Coyote Cafe opposite the shop would be a good warm place to relax. At 1:30pm having just finished work for the day, Jack, Dave, Steve and I retired to the bar to watch the end of the NFL game to watch the Seahawks play for a playoff place and chance at the superbowl. Sadly they lost, but then Cousin Dave (Jess' cousin) arrived and we started to play some card games with some light betting, which occompanied by some beer was excellent.

Around 6pm we left and went into Avon to Bob's Place (another bar), where we played pool and darts, sometimes for money, and other times for the next round of drinks. Our number increased to six, and we stayed at Bob's until around 1am. Jack and myself had made a formidable darts combination beating Simmo and Fitz a few times, before we were overthrown by Dave and Cousin Dave.

Our party of Dave, Jack, Simmo, Fitz, Cousin Dave and myself then headed to Denny's (24hr cheap restaurant) for a light snack. On they way there, as we had been drinking for the past 12 hours, I do recall some tackels being made into the snow, much laughing all round and general sillyness. This was just the begining and thankfully we had a very sporting waitress at Denny's. Jack and Dave had a heated debate about which of their Aussie Rules teams was the best, which involved much shouting, which alwauys helps to get ones point across. There was then some snowboarding on the tables and counters, as Fitz and Dave strapped in and did nose plants on the table before Dave dropped in twice onto the floor successfully!! After leaving and thanking the waitress the bunch of harmless drunks left and I proceeded to walk home at 2am, and may have fallen over once of twice on the way there, although I blame the icey road for my loss in balance.

There was brilliantly 1 and a half feet of fresh powder on saturday morning, which Cole and I got up early to make some fresh tracks, and as Stoney (Michael Stone) says "Shred the Naaaa!" It was magical, and a lot of hard work as we tackeled the steepest slopes in the thinck powder, that was up to my knees in places. Heavenly skiing that left us exhausted, having skiied all day on thursday and friday.

There was also the Honda Sessions in Vail, and I went on friday to watch the snowboarders perform their crazy tricks. Very imnpressive, although Im glad I was only out in the cold watching for the last 15 min, as Nik and I arrived late. The two of us and Jack very less excited as we are all skiers and cant appreciate the snowboarding tricks quite as much. Jack had been there from the start, and having been standing in the freezing cold watching for twop hours mumbeled, "I thought we would be here for like ten minutes and then go to the pub!" At the prize giving some free stuff was thrown into the crowd. I rose up like Victor Matfield and claimed a free pair of goggels. We also managed to dodge the champaign that the winners sprayed out, as it was bitterly cold.

Tody it is freezing cold, and I have been a pansy and opted not to go skiing. I will however go and get some chinease buffet with Jack shortly. It is also Cole's 21st today. We will party in the next few days sometime, as he has finally become a man, although he is still opposed to drinking beer, and sticks to his girly ciders and wine coolers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having far too much fun love!! But I'm glad :) Just wish I could be there with you... VERY over missing you and hearing smashing stories that I'd loved to have been a part of. Just hurry home...ok? :) Much Love... PS happy happy brthday to Cole :) Maybe now that he's mature (says 19yr old Linds - haha) he'll stop being a pansy :)