Monday 29 January 2007

Australian for a day!!

Your eyes have not deceived you, it is true! I was Australian for a day, as we celebrated Australia Day with a house party at the Aussies place. This included an indoor game of drunken cricket, with few recognisable rules, an American umpire and much laughing and shouting. This left our poor friends from America and Norway far more confused about the sport than they had been before, and even more convinced that Australians, South Africans and Brits are crazy!! There was also singing, beer pouring and other party traditions. I fear Fitzy got a photo of me drapped in an Australian flag drinking a Fosters, which I fear may haunt me in the future, especially in a cricket world cup year.

Earlier in the week the company sponsored a bowling party for all the employees, which was some good fun. We had ten-pin-bowing, beer and pizza all payed for. I feel no need to be humble, and bask in glory of my victory on this occation.

On current news, today was a fantastic day for skiing. Together with Simmo and James I hiked the park a few times and did my first ever sideways slide across a box and also managed to land one of them switch. A great moment in the skiing career of the Timmy. With my new found confidence I also hit a jump faster and flew higher than I ever have before. Feeling relieved that I landed it I looked over at a smiling James, who had been entertained by my facial expression as I got some serious air.

4 comments:

Mum and Dad said...

G'day Tim, strewth cobber hadn't seen anything on yer blog for so long thought you had gone walkabout
and signed up for journalism at the university of wallaballoo!
no worries mate hang in there.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are truly a BRILLIANT skier now Timmy - BRAVO!!! Hope you get some good photos of it so that we can all marvel at your amazingness :) Can't wait to see you soon-soon now!! :) Yay!!!!

Unknown said...

Hurry up and get back to Grahamstown, oh-great-and-wonderful-Australian-skiing-sensation... we miss you!!!!! Grahamstown and Activate are not the same without you :(

Unknown said...

Hey!! So I just wrote you a whole long e-mail to you and have now realised that you won't be able to read it cause you haven't re-registered - aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh!!! So if you have any other e-mail address I can e-mail let me know. But just to let you know that I'm thinking of you and miss you lots :) Enjoy your last week!!!