Tuesday 9 January 2007

Rocking into 2007 in style...

What a busy year 2007 has been so far. Many memorable accomplishments under my belt already. It started about a week ago when about 30 of us snowshoed up the mountain late at night, as it was a full moon. I have a new found respect for the chair-lifts, as it took us 3 hours to reach the top of the first lift, although we were carrying our own equipment i.e. boots, skies, snowboard etc. Snowshoeing is a lot of fun, but also a great deal of hard work. Eighteen of us made it to the top and celebrated with a cold beer or two. It was about midnight, and we skied/boarded down in the moonlight, making fresh tracks, as the snowcats had just bashed the piest about 5 minutes before hand. Most enjoyable going down under the moon in a big group, all of good ability, which made me realise how much I enjoy skiing with people who are really good.

In the following days, there was one day of fresh snow (finally), and Cole and I took advantage of it and made fresh tracks in the powder first thing in the morning. I need more practice in deep powder, but later went up the mountain with Nik, who I learnt alot from, as he is an excellent skier. There were also a couple of trips to Paddy's Bar, where there are drinks specials on fridays, aswell as karaoke night. Cole and I did a terrible job of singing weird Al's Amish Paradice, but we still received a standing ovation from our table of friends.

There was also a toga party at Reece and Ricks house recently, which also happens to be where Cole and I have just moved in. It was there that I learnt my new favourite American thing, the keg stand. Basically this involves grabbing onto the handels of a keg of beer, while two other people lift your legs, so that you are upside-down. A fourth person puts the hose in your mouth, and you see hoe long you can continue to down the beer, whilst standing on your head. Definatly a life changing experience that should not be repeated often on one evening, so I humbly retired home with Jack and Carly, who offered me their couch, as the three of us had to be up early for work the following morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey hey
good to see you're doing good... keg stand? good luck... very glad you didn't drown! miss you lots, but will see you soon enough...!

and linds, when you read this, none of my smses are going through to your phone!

but i can't wait to see you both! miss you all enormously... can't wait for random digs parties... yay!

Mum and Dad said...

snowshoes!! moonlight skiing!!
beer upsidedown!!! (need snorkel?)
( all this said in jealous falsetto
voice aaaargh )