Wednesday 27 December 2006

A lovely white christmas

Christmas has come and gone already as the days seem to melt into eachother in the VAil valley. I havnt been able to go skiing in the last few days, as I cant rent from my shop at the moment thatnks to the millions of tourists at this time of year. We are being run off our feet this week, but its okay, cause it means the hours go quickly. I am one of the people the managers always ask to stay longer as the place gets over-run with customers. I give them any number of bad jokes as they pass through, which keeps me amused at least. My fellow bad joke tellers Rick and the other Tim (both Aussies) do the same, and the rest either look at us funny, or in the case of the South Americans, say "I don't get it..."

Christmas eve was pleasant, as Cole and I went into Vail to where a bunch of South Africans (or Saffers as the Aussies call us) and Argentinians were having a dinner party, which was nice. Then at the end of the night the Argie girls started dancing, and the bad news is that they aree good at it and have the rythm with their spanish music, while Cole, Stu and I just looked like idiots, but at least I made a girl who was crying and missing home laugh by acting the fool for a while. Then the long bus home, as I took the very drunk Cole to the bus stop before we missed the last one, and he fell into a snow drift, which amused me to no end!!

Christmas was excellent, as at first I just worked, but then everyone from my work had a big party at Kiley's house, which I brought Cole to. The food was exceptional, and it was great to be in that happt atmosphear, with about 25 people from all over the world there. Most memorable was Jack spilling red wine on Rick's pants, and then about three guys trying to wipe it off, and then pouring white wine on it finally. I was in complete histerics as Rick pulled any number of faces during this process. The evening was a great success I felt, and turned out as well as I could have hope for a christmas away from home to be. As Dave (funny Aussie bloke) said before we left for Kiley's house "Tonight I plan to get drunk and talk loudly!"

So all in all some good times, as it was nice to be more sociablke again, and for Cole to get to meet some more people and have fun, as he has nobody our age at his work. Now Im off home to get some sleep finally as there is lots of work to be done, and a new year beckoning. I might just phone home and find out what 2007 feels like befor I decide whether I will try it out, as Im not quite done with 2006 yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha!! Very funny blog love :) Everyone in the camp site kept looking at me as I laughed my way through your blog.. oh well!! Glad your Christmas was so merry. Sounds like such fun that I'm actually quite jelous!!! Hope your New Year is just as fantastic. Much love and hugs...

Mum and Dad said...

can just imagine you charming the
american vacationers whilst fitting their skiis and gear for
them; timmy a journalist , a winter sports technician and a man
of parts!
keep on keeping on!
hpoe you have great start to 2007