Thursday 21 December 2006

Let it snow

Snowing agian and conditions are superb at the moment. Its been great fun here the last few days, as I had two days off and skiied both Vail and Beaver Creek, and am happy to say I remember how to ski as if I never stopped :) Today cole and I did all the Birds of Prey runs in Beaver Creek which are famous for being very difficult and we handeld them like pros. We are the shit!

Cole and I tried out the hot tub at our house, which was heavenly and we had two friends Ange and Helen over for drinks which was nice to be more sociable. Cole has found a cider called Hardcore cider that he has fallen in love with, but I am still in search of a good beer as Budweiser was very average. Phat Tyre and Blue Ribbon are quite good but still not a decent replacement for a cold Hansa draght.

Last night I went out to Sandbar with a bunch of people from work as it was Jack's birthday and that was good fun to finally hit a bar. Cole got bounced and went home as they are strict about the age here. He was seriously pissed off and kept mumbeling that he is going into 4th year university and they wont let him drink!!

Have really started to enjoy my time here, and the skiing is great. I am missing the people from home though, and monday is my first christmas away from home, which will be weird.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

just wondering if your e-mail is still working... feeling a bit unloved!!! If it's not then happy 16 months for yesterday :) and happy happy Christmas for tomorrow :) Much love...

Unknown said...

P.S. Had a Natal Hansa yesterday. Thought of you. It was great!! :) I finally understand what you mean about the Natal Hansa being the best :)

Mum and Dad said...

glad the skiing is good,sounds just great! we spent the weekend at smits, lovely warm clean sea swam alot drank cold wndyhoek, dogs
happy. miss you very much.
hope you have a fine american Xmas
tomorrow. have fun. lots love.