Saturday 9 December 2006

Dollar bills

For things to get better they must fist get worse. On wednesday I lost my job, which is actually a stupid phrase because I know exactly where it is so its not lost, but I was unemployed and homeless again. The reason being that it takes about a month for the social security card and number to arrive and "company policy" is that I cant work without a number.

However accomodation was soon sorted out and Cold still has his job at the store. We were going to move in with these rwo Argentinian girls calles Rosadia and Sofia, but they couldn't get the house. Cole and I now live with these two old men. They has a spare room that has an on-suite bathroom that we are renting from them. The nice thing is that we can use their washing machine and tumble dryer, but the house is quite far away and we have to get up before the sun to catch buses to work. The one guy owns the house is busy moving out and selling it and his wife is in their new house in New Mexico. I havnt met the other guy yet coz we spend so little time there.

Then I got a new job and started on friday working at Beaver Creek Sports, which is a rentals shop right by the base of the slopes. Is much better than the old job, so Cole is jealous. I work with a whole lot of people doing the same thing as me, almost all of them are Australians. There is also one guy called Nik from Norway who is quite funny. There are about 15 Aussies altogether in their circle of friends, and most work with me. I am certified and have my name tag that says who I am and that Im from Cape Town, SA. The Americans love asking me and the Aussies about our countries. I fitted boots for an oldish lady yesterday who asked where I was from and told me that I "Have the cutest accent!" and "You must get girlfriends just by talking and with that curly hair."

After my first day they rest of the staff invited me to go with them to watch "Borat" which I did and it was great. Cole had to work late with the boring old people at his shop and went home and slept. He really isnt good at this spontanious unorganised travelling and complains alot. He will be a bit bettera nd happier now we are more settled. I am the social co-ordinator because Cole has been grumpy and hasnt really talked to anyone. I organiused the Argentinians and made friends with thema nd now I have lots more thanks to my new job, then Aussies are great. Cole says he could never travell with Mel, because he has decided that he needs things planned and carefully organised.

I should hopefully get my ski pass on Monday or Tuesday and then the fun really begins. Cole just got his and went snowboarding this morning the lucky bugger. I am on a break and will return to work shortly for the afternoon session, as I am learning quickly and they wnt me there at alot for now because I am nearly able to do everything.

Money is very low after paying for the first month's rent, but at least I have a job now. Life is much better here now and should start to be really good soon. :) yay.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Of COURSE you get lotsa girls wanting (unfortunately for them they can't - HA!) to date you with that "cute accent and curly hair" :) So glad things are working out for you. Soon-soon I'm going to be super jelous :) Look after you.

Mum and Dad said...

hey Tim, some sport updates: poms lost 2nd test, warne&co bowled them out for 120 on 5thday. Excellent comments in papers-"Warne summoned up panic and, like a faithfull dog panic came panting up" also "quickly itbecame outright
panic,like medieval royals with syphilis,the English batsmen went suddenly mad" Hope the snow is good
and the beer cold.

Unknown said...

hello timmy!! are you online? log onto msn - www.iloveim.com It's super cool :)