Monday 11 December 2006

Short notes from the Vail valley

Today it is snowing :) yay! Altghough it delayed my bus this morning and my boss was not impressed that I was 20 min late. But, yay the first snow since I arrived and heaps of it. Its still coming down in bucket loads. Im off to orientation tonight, I have no idea what I am being orientated on, but I know that I get my ski pass at the end! So tomorrow afternoon after work I will finally hit the slops with avengence.

Cole is much happier now, so its nice being here even though it can be lonely in parts when there is nothing to do. jack and Jerry the old guys we live with are nice old farts and I chatted to them for hours while waiting for Cole to come home. They are surprisingly less ignorant than most other Americans. Jerry taught me a bit more about NFL, and was amazed at how much i already knew. He wanted to know about cricket, but teaching cricket to an American is the equivilant of banging your head against a wall repeatedly.

Counting Crows played here on saturday night, but unfortunatly I couldn't go, because 50 dollars for a ticket if just far too much at this stage, but fun that they were so close. Also as I arrived last week there was a skiing world cup event being held at Beaver Creek, with Bode Miller, Herman Maier and all the best guys taking part. Sadly I don't see any of them or any of the event, as I was looking for a house and a job at that time. Cool that they were here though. Irritatingly Stomp are in Cape Town this december, adn i am her, and then they are coming here in March!!! So they will be here a couple of weeks after I leave. Thats just cruel to taunt me like that.

The Aussies I work with are really cool and most are from Melbourne and are cricket mad. Sadly none of them are rugby fans and all play Aussie rules or rugby league. We were told the number we must call if we are being sexually harrased at work, and I asked if that included abusive remarks about your country's cricket team, but apparently not so the Aussies will continue their evil sledging of the mighty Proteas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are SUCH a journalist Timmy!! Every single entry on your blog has catchy lil headlines!! Can just imagine you spending hours thinking them up and laughing at yourself and your brilliant (or sometimes 'brilliant') ideas :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.