Monday 25 April 2011

2Oceans vibe

Well hello,

The Two Oceans half marathon is behind me and was a brilliant experience given my serious lack of training. Some frantic last minute dash to get to the start line four minutes before the gun went off wasn't the ideal beginning as it took roughly eight or nine minutes just to cross the start!

From there felt good until the final three km along the M3 where me legs shouted many profanities at me and refused to work any more. 2h 13min on the stadium clock wasn't too bad and I beat English cricketer Jonathan Trott by almost 25 min - no wonder they were crap at the World Cup.

A side note - don't run 21.1 km wearing trail running shoes. Both my big toes' toenails are as black as night and I have the fear that I may lose them. Was it all worth it? Yesss sirrr. Also climbing Table Mountain the day before the race... not my smartest move!

Now I'm chilling in Zambia with the lovely Xanthe and enjoying the local brew called Mosi Lager. I was reliably informed by a smiling waiter that it is the beer that thunders...

Watch this space for a full recall of the Zambian adventure and my view of the majestic Vic Falls.